Counting in Ido
Enter a number and get it written in full in Ido.
Founded in 1907 and based on Esperanto, Ido is a constructed language aimed at becoming a universal second language for speakers of different linguistic backgrounds, which is quite a good definition for an international auxiliary language.
Ido numbering rules
- Digits from one to nine are specific words: un , du , tri , quar , kin , sis , sep , ok , and non .
- Tens are formed by prefixing the word for ten (dek) by its multiplier digit, followed by the letter a, except for ten itself: dek , duadek , triadek , quaradek , kinadek , sisadek , sepadek , okadek , and nonadek .
- Compound numbers are formed by linking the ten with its unit digit with the word e (and) separated with dashes (e.g.: dek-e-un , quaradek-e-kin ).
- Hundreds are formed by prefixing the word for hundred (cent) by its multiplier digit, followed by the lettre a, except for one hundred itself: cent , duacent , triacent , quaracent , kinacent , sisacent , sepacent , okacent , and nonacent .
- Thousands are formed like hundreds, i.e. by prefixing the word for thousand (mil) by its multiplier digit, followed by the lettre a, except for one thousand itself: mil [1,000], duamil [2,000], triamil [3,000], quaramil [4,000], kinamil [5,000], sisamil [6,000], sepamil [7,000], okamil , and nonamil [9,000]. Higher multiples of one thousand are formed the same way (e.g.: dekamil [10,000], centamil [100,000]).
- Higher scale numbers follow the long scale numbers rule in which every new term greater than million is one million times the previous term: un milion [1 million] (106), un miliardo [1 billion] (109), un biliono [1 trillion] (1012).
Bolak, Digisk Folkspraak, Esperanto, Folkspraak, Idiom neutral, Ido, Intal, Interlingua, Interlingue, Kotava, Latino sine flexione, Lingua Franca Nova, Mondial, Ro, Solresol, Sona, Spokil, Tutonish, Uropi, and Volapük.
Other supported languages
Supported languages by families
As the other currently supported languages are too numerous to list extensively here, please select a language from the following select box, or from the full list of supported languages.